Sunday, June 1, 2008

Easy Cleaning

I've run out of my favorite disinfecting soap, but rather than going to the store to get more, I'll simply step into my pantry to whip it together. It smells great, and best of all, it's easy on my skin and the environment. And did I mention that it cuts through grease, dirt, dust and hard water deposits? The following recipe comes from Clean Naturally by Sandy Maine. If you are interested in soap making and/or natural cleaning products, this is a book to check out.
Eucalyptus-Mint All-Purpose Disinfecting Soft Soap for Kitchen and Bath
5 cups grated castile soap1/2 cup baking soda1 tsp borax6 cups hot peppermint tea1 tsp eucalyptus essential oil
Put grated soap into a 3-qt stainless steel saucepan and add hot mint tea. Simmer for 15 minutes on low heat. Add baking soda, borax and eucalyptus oil. Store in a labeled plastic jug or squirt jug. Shake before using.

No comments: